Baldwin Dissolved Air Flotation systems are skid mounted packaged DAF systems that are available in both rectangular and circular models. The DAF units are controlled by an on-skid control panel which is pre-cabled to all on-skid equipment – minimising on-site installation time and cost. All on-skid plumbing is factory fitted. Each DAF system is run in the Baldwin factory – assuring the customer that the unit will arrive at site ready to be put into action as quickly as possible.
Flow rates are available up to 100,000 litres per hour. Construction is all stainless steel, with customer choice of plumbing in either stainless steel (recommended) or pressure PVC. Utilising an air adsorption chamber with compressed air, ensures maximum air dissolving efficiency and hence smallest bubble size for best contaminant separation performance. Baldwin DAF systems have been used in food processing plants, mine site wash bays, oily water treatment plants and garment manufacturing factories.
Equipment and options available with a Baldwin Dissolved Air Flotation system can include:
- Coalescing Plate Separators
- Preparation tank skid – coagulation and / or pH adjustment
- Flocculation tubes – stainless steel or pressure PVC
- Flocculation tanks
- Pre-treatment pH control systems
- Dosing packages – polymer, coagulant
- Air compressors – if no factory air available
- DAF Feed and filtrate pumps
- Sludge pump
- Post-treatment pH control systems
- Post-treatment filtration system
- Post-treatment monitoring equipment – conductivity, suspended solids, oil & grease
Baldwin DAF units can be used with any chemistry that the customer may already be using or we can introduce a relevant chemical supplier to the customer, to ensure that the right specialists are involved in solving the wastewater challenge.