The wastewater management process can be costly and time-consuming. So it is important that the most effective and efficient tools are utilised to get the job done quickly and successfully.
Ponds, Lakes and Dams
Baldwin Industrial Systems are leading experts when it comes to innovative solutions concerning wastewater management and oil and water separation. With over 30 years’ experience in the industry, you can be sure we will supply you with the best equipment available to get the job done to your satisfaction.
Whether you are dealing with a large body of water or small pit, Baldwin stock an exclusive range of Abanaki oil skimmers that will come out on top in comparison to the rest when it comes to oil and water separation.
A major advantage of using our skimmers is that they are more cost-effective oil and water separators than a hired contractor. This, coupled with the fact that they function to extend coolant life through the removal of tramp oils and dispose of oils appropriately, makes them a ‘must-have’ in your workshop or site.
Some additional key benefits when it comes to the Abanaki oil skimmers are:
- They simplify the oil removal process by preventing plugging of spray heads and filters in CNC machines
- They save money on disposal costs by allowing for skimmed oil to be recycled and reused as lubricant or fuel
- They are fast cleaning and require minimal maintenance
- They are easy to mount with numerous options and custom stands available
Our product range varies in skimmer size and oil-removal capacity, from 4 litres per hour to 750 litres per hour, depending on the specific application. We also offer custom-designed and fabricated stands and tanks to suit your workshop, site or specialised application.
The two most sought-after types of oil skimmers which are featured in our product range are the Abanaki belt Skimmer and the Abanaki Oil Viper tube Skimmer. Additional (optional) custom fabricated equipment to compliment Abanaki oil skimmers can also be supplied upon request and include:
- Control panels
- Mounting stands (custom fabricated)
- Waste oil tanks (custom fabricated)
- Oil decanters or concentrators
- ExD motors for Zoned Areas
- Pneumatic motors for zoned areas
- Spare tubes and belts
For smaller applications we recommend the Abanaki Mighty Mini Belt Skimmer with lightweight stainless steel construction and an inbuilt digital timer; this mighty efficient skimmer is ideal for coolant skimming applications or small wash tank oil removal duties.
When it comes to larger industrial applications, Abanaki belt or tube skimmers are an ideal choice. These skimmers are versatile and are commonly used as oil and water separator tools in a range of industries including:
- industrial workshops
- food processing plants
- environmental monitoring wells
- outdoor ponds and dams
The heavy-duty Abanaki Model 4 or Model 8 Oil skimmers and the Abanaki Oil Viper Tube Skimmer, with tube lengths up to 100 feet, are all widely used in pits and tanks on mining and industrial sites.
No matter which oil skimmer option you select, you can rest assured that our skimmer equipment will do the job efficiently. Call Baldwin Industrial Systems today on 02 4954 0440.
How do belt skimmers work?
Baldwin belt oil skimmers remove floating oils and debris from water by skimming over the surface with an oleophilic (oil attracting) tube. To extract floating oils for disposal, the oleophilic tube is driven through a scraper in the main body of the skimmer system.
What applications are belt skimmers used in?
The belt skimmers are typically used at ponds, lakes, and dams, food and beverage factories, small to big industrial and mechanical workshops, mining workshops, refuelling places and building sites.
What are the advantages of the Baldwin Belt & Tube Oil Skimmers?
- Extends coolant life by removing tramp oils
- Prevents plugging of spray heads and filters
- Skimmed oil can be recycled and reused as a lubricant or fuel
- Lifts oil any distance without the need for expensive pumps
- Easy mounting and fast cleaning, with minimal maintenance
- Multiple mounting options, including custom stands, for easy installation
- Rugged, reliable and low maintenance.
- Conserve parts wash water by removing oily wastes.
- Oil skimmers that remove from 1 gph to 200 gph.
- Helps meet government requirements for water discharge.
- Reduces fluid disposal costs.
- Proven in thousands of oil skimming applications.
Does the tube wear out?
Since the tube is constantly dragged past scrapers in the unit, these scrapers can score and wear the tube over time. The tube, on the other hand, is composed of a very durable material, and the scrapers are likewise adjustable to accommodate for regular wear.
How do I know a belt and tube oil skimmer is right for my operation?
his is dependent on a number of variables, including budget, location, flow rates, and the composition of wastewater. For smaller applications we recommend the Abanaki Mighty Mini Belt Skimmer with lightweight stainless steel construction and an inbuilt digital timer; this mighty efficient skimmer is ideal for coolant skimming applications or small wash tank oil removal duties.
When it comes to larger industrial applications, Abanaki belt or tube skimmers are an ideal choice. Get in touch with us at (02) 4954 0440 and we will advise you on the best system for you.
Do you provide belt and tube oil skimmer installation?
Baldwin fabricates belt and tube oil skimmers that are ready to transport to the site for ease of installation and integration into a wider treatment system. Get in touch with us at (02) 4954 0440 to confirm whether we can supply installation in your area.